Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby Sugar Gliders


So Brent and I were in the mall window shopping and we ended up coming home with two baby Sugar Gliders. They are such neat little creatures! There are the number one recomended pet for persons with disabilities so Brent and I were very excited about taking our little "sugarbabies" home and bonding with them.

At about 8 weeks and 1 ounce, they were very afraid of us at first. Brent's baby, Gizmo, has adapted pretty well. Letting us hold him and play with him. While my baby, Zoe, is a lot more cautious and scared of everything, especially when a giant hand comes to scoop her up!

So we have been getting daily emails about how to bond with our babies and all of the proper care that they need. Todays email was about taking your baby out of its pouch and putting it in a pocket from one of the articles of our clothing. So I did. I put Zoe in the pocket of my hoodie and set out to run errands before work. As I was parking to run my second errand for the day suddenly I realized Zoe was no longer in my pocket, but on my knee! I quickly parked and reached for her, but as I did, she leaped onto the floorboard and lunged behind the gas petal and up into the underneath of the dashboard!! I panick!

I jumped out of my car and dropped to my knees trying to find her. The further up I reached for her the further in she ran. I cry. My poor baby is scared out of her mind in the mechanics of my car!

Well I happened to be at the South Georgia Medical center to visit a friend, and had no tools on hand to dismantle my car. Seeing my hood up looking for any way Zoe could have gotten through to the engine; a man and his sister approach with jumper cables to give me a jump. I sobbed out that I had lost my baby in the dash board and got some strange looks before I collected myself and restated... My baby sugar glider was lost, not my baby!

The man offered to help me find her, and for the next 2 hours we tore apart my car but to no prevail, she is still lost in my car and it has been 11 hours. I put all of her favorite treats and her beloved pouch on the floorboard where she can see them. It is getting very cold out tonight so I left the garage door open and cranked up the heat in the car, hoping that she will warm up and wander out of her hiding place to find a snack. My poor baby..........

No comments:

Post a Comment